Sunday, June 7, 2009

New Adventures. New Blog.


I have taken the plunge again. Bloggersville, here I am. I'll admit that starting a new blog has been on my mind for quite a while. I've toyed with the idea since I let my last blog die out nearly two years ago.  

I started my first blog when I was 16 years old. I was in grade 11. Living in a little yellow bedroom on the east side of my parents' house. Consumed with crushes. Working a part time job. Wandering toward the future.

That was five years ago. I'm now 21 years old. A college graduate. Newly married. Living in a little one-bedroom apartment on the north side of a of yellow brick apartment building. Working a full time job. Wandering toward the future.

So, a new blog seemed in order.

I wish I had all sorts of exciting tales to write in this post, but it's a fairly quiet evening. My husband is playing a video game. I'm enjoying listening to the massive music collection that I inherited when I said "I do." (Literally, MASSIVE, I could listen to iTunes for 21.2 days straight and never hear a repeat song.) I baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Taylor and I took a Sunday afternoon nap together. It really is a wonderful life. 

It's a strange time in my life. I graduated in April. Four year of blood, sweat, and tears to earn that little piece of paper. I was convinced that I would have no desire to read a book, write a paper, or prepare a presentation again. I find myself hungering for more learning again. I want to read. I want to have a topic to research. I'm thinking what course I might take with my "one free audit a semester" privileges. 

I suppose you never stop wanting something more. It's really the epitome of the human condition. Of course, no one ever said that wanting something more was always a bad thing.

1 comment:

  1. yay! i'm so happy you are blogging. i love your writing, em. i am also jealous that you actually can use your 'one free audit a semester' priveleges. i don't think they offer long-distance audits ;)

    ReplyDelete