Thursday, November 5, 2009

Things I like. Things I hate

Things I like:

1. Being suddenly invited over to the home of some lovely friends for dinner. Conveniently, on a night that I didn't want to cook.

2. Getting a church planter's newsletter from some very dear friends.

3. Learning about the slow movement in Voluntary Simplicity. "Wherever you are, be all there."

4. When the database at work gave me the information I needed without my needing to call tech support. Score.

5. Warm mugs of hot chocolate in my chilly office.


Things I hate:

1. Alarm clocks, buzzing at me, demanding I flee from my warm covers.

2. The first scraping of the car windows of the season. Yuck.

3. Standing in the cold, listening to country music, while my husband takes pictures of a "big check" ceremony.

4. Discovering the bag of SERIOUSLY rotted potatoes in the storage closet. Dripping with rot. Smelling like death. And then cleaning the closet with vinegar until all the goo was gone.


I feel that one's list of "likes" should always be longer than one's list of "hates".

2 comments:

  1. Things I Like:
    1) Cold, sunny days
    2) Football. Lots of football
    3) Driving my car very fast
    4) Enjoying any of the above with my wife
    5) Teaching the Word of God to kids who are really interested in what's being taught.

    Things I dislike:
    1) Indian food, specifically yellow curry.
    2) Realising that I am wasting time.
    3) Trying to slog through the wasteland that is postmodern "thought."
    4) When Tim Horton's gives me coffee when I wanted delicious tea.

    That was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a good game.

    Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete