Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Trials and Tribulations of Adulthood

It's my birthday in a week. I'll be 22.

This week, I have managed to fry a keyboard, douse a rug, and soak our futon by spilling a tall glass of water I had just poured.

Last night as I was hanging my blanket over a chair to dry...

Emily: "Taylor, maybe I should get a cup with a lid."
Taylor: "...You mean a sippy cup?"
Emily: "...I prefer 'cup with lid'. "

We proceeded to laugh about it as Taylor continued to mock me, "Why don't they make cups like that for meee? In mature patterns! Excuse me sir, do you have this gunmetal gray?"

Woe is me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the insurmountable difficulties you face. :) I think it is a fabulous idea to get yourself a 'cup with a lid'... I think they even do sell them for adults. They go more by the names of 'water bottle' and 'travel mug.' And I use mine constantly... feel no shame in the adult sippy cup. It's liberating, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enter the travel mug: it's what myself and my accident-prone husband take nearly all our drinks in. (Except for wine. Wine we just try to be careful, which doesn't always work.)

    Kristina
    Sweetfern Handmade

    ReplyDelete